Having received numerous requests for information and updates, the Yacht Club Italiano, in agreement with the organizers and partners of the Rolex Giraglia 2020, communicates the following:
• To date, 3 months away from the start of the Rolex Giraglia and in the absence of certain scenarios about the future, the Yacht Club Italiano believes appropriate to continue with the organization of the regatta which has been our pride since1953.
• Registrations therefore will continue as specified in the Notice of Race.
• Should we be forced to cancel the regatta, for technical and organizational reasons which we cannot foresee at the moment, the YCI will fully refund the registration fee paid.
Unless otherwise indicated in the coming weeks by the National and Sports Authorities ( Italian and French Governments - FIV and FFV ), the organizing committee of the Rolex Giraglia has set a deadline of 30 April 2020 to confirm or make alternative decisions should the current uncertainty situation continue.
Of course, this decision was made in the hope of meeting you at sea as soon as possible, and with the confidence of overcoming this difficult moment that has affected all sectors of our society.
The Yacht Club Italiano continues its activities with responsibility and awareness and remains available, compatibly with the emergency measures that are in place, for further information at the secretariat’s contact details.
Genoa, March 15th 2020
The Organizing Authority